AJAX realtime comment system with custom comment form and fields. Designed to supercharge WordPress native comments. Super fast and responsive with dozens of features. This is the best alternative to Disqus and Jetpack Comments, if you want to keep your comments in your database.
wpDiscuz version 7 is a revolutionary perspective on the commenting world! This plugin changes your website commenting experience and provides you with new user engagement features. It’s totally improved with brand new innovative features bringing live to your website.
Comments – wpDiscuz Features
- Three nice and modern comment layouts
- Brings fastest commenting experience (boosted core)
- Adds interactive comment box on posts and other content types
- Inline commenting and feedback. Commenting on post content.
- Live Notification with real-time updating Comment Bubble.
- Social Commenting with lots of Social login options
- Post Rating. Allows to rate posts directly on rating stars.
- Commenting can be allowed/disallowed on posts and other content types
- Responsive comments form and comment threads design
- Clean, simple and easy user interface and user experience
- Comment list sorting by newest, oldest and most voted comments
- Anonymous comments ( name and email can be set as not required )
- Full integration with Social Network Login plugins (Facebook, Twitter…)
- Multi-level (nested) comment threads, with maximum levels depth setting option
- Allows to create a new discussion thread and reply to existing comment
- Ajax button “Load More Comments” instead of simple comments pagination
- Lazy load wpDiscuz comments on scrolling
- Different comment date formats, reflects WordPress date format settings
- Logged in users and guests can edit their comments (time-frame can be limited by admin)
- Automatic URLs to link conversion in comment texts
- Automatic image source URLs to image (HTML) conversion in comment texts
- Long comment text breaking function (“Read more” button)
- Multiple line-breaks (limited by WordPress comment filter)
- Comment author notification options with special checkboxes on comment form
- Subscription activation via additional “Confirm Subscription” email
- Integration with Postmatic for subscriptions and commenting by email
- Ability to add comment system on attachment pages if it’s allowed by WordPress
- Fast and easy comment form with ajax validation and data submitting
- Fully integrated and compatible with WordPress
- Uses WordPress Comment system with all managing functions and features
- Secure and Anti-Spam features will not allow spammers to comment
- Comment voting with positive and negative result
- Smart voting system with tracking by logged-in user and cookies
- Post sharing options: Facebook, Twitter and Google+
- Quick Tags on comment form textarea
- Custom Comment Forms with custom fields
- Rating shortcode for posts via comment custom field [wpdrating] with a lot of attributes
- Option to overwrite comment template and style
- Highlighting new comments since last visit with different background
- Notification to comment author when comment was approved
- Display only parent comments with view replies (x) button
- Control commenters by roles (allow/restrict access to website comment area)
- Option to load all comments on first page load
- Built-in Gravatar caching
- Sticky Comments
- Closed Comments Threads (disable replies)
- Subscribe to User / User Follow
IMPORTANT: If you have a Cache Plugin, please delete all caches after wpDiscuz update.
- Upload plugin folder to the ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ directory,
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
After installing and activating the plugin, click on Comments menu item in the left sidebar in your website admin panel.
Update to wpDiscuz 7 versions
Please read the documentation:
- If you have a Cache Plugin, please delete all caches after wpDiscuz update.
- If wpDiscuz comment form is missing please read this support topic:
- wpDiscuz comment form is missing
Comments – wpDiscuz Settings
Basic configuration suits for most of cases, but if you want to configure Comments – wpDiscuz deeper, click on » Settings sub menu item which is under wpDiscuz menu item and change the settings as you want.
Comments – wpDiscuz Phrases
Comments – wpDiscuz has phrases for frontend, for those who want customize texts and messages without using .po/.mo files, but still you can use .po/.mo translation files with combination of Comments – wpDiscuz phrases. You just need to enable “Use Plugin .PO/.MO files” setting in Comments – wpDiscuz » Settings page
Comments – wpDiscuz Documentation
Here you can find more detailed answers for your questions – https://wpdiscuz.com/docs/
For deeper support please visit our Support Forum
Does this plugin fully replace the current comment system?
Yes! Comments – wpDiscuz changes default comment system to a new interactive system.
What will happen to old comments?
Nothing will be lost! Comments – wpDiscuz will show all old comments.
Where comments are stored?
Comments – wpDiscuz uses the default WordPress comment storage system, all comments are on your database and all comments are manageable in Dashboard > Comments admin page.
Will my comments be lost if I install this plugin, and then remove it?
Comments – wpDiscuz doesn’t affect any data. You can install and uninstall whenever you want without any worries.