The Best WordPress Popup and Marketing Plugin
OptinMonster is the ultimate popup builder and marketing plugin that helps you get more email subscribers, increase sales, and grow your business.
With OptinMonster popups and conversion toolkit, you can turn abandoning website visitors into subscribers and customers.
OptinMonster allows you to create beautiful popup forms, email subscription forms, sticky announcement bar (hello bar), gamified spin a wheel opt-in forms, and other types of interactive popups for your site in minutes, not hours!
At OptinMonster, user experience is our #1 priority. This is why unlike typical WordPress popup plugins, OptinMonster comes with smart targeting and personalization features that lets you show the right popup message, to the right user, at the right time.
OptinMonster popups and newsletter opt-in forms are 100% mobile responsive, so your marketing message modals will always look great on all devices (mobile, tablet, laptop, and desktop).
We understand the importance of speed when it comes SEO, marketing, and conversion optimization. This is why we made sure that OptinMonster popups and marketing tools are optimized for both web and server performance.
OptinMonster popups and marketing tools are part of the standalone OptinMonster app. You will need to create an OptinMonster account to access our popup builder, opt-in form builder, newsletter subscribers, and other powerful conversion tools. Click here to purchase OptinMonster Pro now!
We took the pain out of creating highly personalized popup forms and made it easy. Here’s why smart business owners, designers, and developers love OptinMonster marketing toolkit, and you will too!
Drag & Drop Popup Maker
We were tired of the bloated and slow popup maker plugins. That’s why we built OptinMonster to adapt to your marketing workflow and allow you to create custom popups, newsletter opt-in forms, slide-ins popups, announcement bars, and other high converting lead generation forms within minutes.
By using our drag & drop popup maker, you can easily customize the look and feel of your opt-in popups, and even add dynamic popup elements like countdown timers, spin a wheel, etc that change based on user behavior (no code necessary).
But don’t just take our word. See what one WordPress expert is saying:
I was once a disbeliever myself. I didn’t like popups at all. But we doubled our email signups, so the results speak for themselves, it just works. OptinMonster makes it super easy and is well worth the money.
Joost de Valk, Founder of Yoast SEO (See Case Study)
Pre-built Popup Templates to Boost Conversions
Building high-converting marketing popups can be time consuming. Why?
Because every other WordPress popup plugin requires you to build popups from scratch. The truth is it’s often not necessary to create a popup or shipping bar from scratch unless you really want to.
Whether you’re looking to create a newsletter popup, coupon popup, free shipping bar, announcement bar with countdown timer, gamified spin a wheel popup, fullscreen welcome mat popup, slide-in scroll popup, or any other advanced popup modal, we have a popup template for you inside our easy to use popup builder.
OptinMonster comes with hundreds of popup templates to help you save time. See our exit popup template gallery.
I have never before seen such effectiveness and efficiency in an optin tool than I have with OptinMonster. In under 2 hours of work, I doubled my daily optin rates thanks to OptinMonster’s incredible options.
Dave Chesson, Owner of Kindlepreneur (See Case Study)
Exit Intent Popups and OnSite Retargeting
Did you know that over 70% of visitors abandoning your website will never return?
OptinMonster’s signature exit-intent popup technology can help you convert abandoning visitors into subscribers and customers.
With exit intent popups, your visitors see a targeted popup message at the precise moment they are about to leave.
Exit popups are proven to convert an additional 2 – 4% of your visitors into email subscribers and paying customers.
You can use exit intent popups combined with OnSite retargeting to show different popup messages to new visitors vs returning visitors.
These advanced popup triggers are highly effective in growing your email list, reducing WooCommerce cart abandonment, and saving you moeny on PPC advertising and retargeting ads.
In only 7 months, we added more than 95,000 names to our email list using OptinMonster’s Exit Intent™ technology. We strongly recommend it!
Michael Stelzner, Founder of Social Media Examiner (See Case Study)
Smart Page Targeting and Behavior Based Personalization
All OptinMonster popups comes with advanced page targeting and behavior based personalization.
This means you can show a custom popup for specific page or section of your site, show a custom popup based on users’ geolocation, show a custom popup when users click a specific link, and more.
You can even show unique popups based on user’s past behavior such as: have they clicked on an existing marketing popup, seen another popup campaign, closed a marketing popup, viewed X number of pages, etc.
These personalization features of OptinMonster popups make them highly effective in improving your lead generation, increasing subscribers, and growing sales.
Using OptinMonster, I was able to increase sales $55,000 after capturing nearly 7% more leads with a single optin!
Cole Joseph, Owner of Cole’s Classroom (See Case Study)
Popup A/B Testing, Email Marketing Integration, and Popup Analytics
Unlike other WordPress popup plugins, OptinMonster popups come with reliable A/B split testing and accurate popup analytics without slowing down your site.
Typical WordPress popup plugins use wp-ajax to setup popup analytics. This slows down your site and also results in unreliable popup analytics due to cache plugin settings.
Similarly, A/B testing in a basic WordPress popup plugin is broken because caching plugins can skew the data.
We fixed both these issues with our superior popup infrastructure, so you can have reliable A/B testing for popups, accurate popup conversion analytics, and seamless email marketing / CRM integrations for your popups (bonus: popup lead storage & lead backup for popup is now included too).
Since we started using OptinMonster our email list conversion rate increased by 300% and our sales by 20%. The best investment you can make for your online business!
Alex Chris, Digital Marketing Manager (See Case Study)
Full OptinMonster Feature List
Popup Campaign Types for maximum conversions:
- Lightbox Popups – Create custom popups to grow your email list, show coupons in popup, make a WooCommerce popup modal for cross-sell or upsell products, and more.
- Floating Bar Popups – Create sticky header bars (also known as hello bar or floating footer bar) to show free shipping bar notice, website announcement alert, sale countdown timer, and more.
- Slide-in Popups – Create scroll box popups that slide out from bottom of the screen to highlight related WooCommerce products, related posts, and show coupon popup to reduce cart abandonment.
- Fullscreen Welcome Mat Popup – Create full screen popups (also known as interstitials or welcome mats) to get maximum conversions. Great for getting new subscribers and marketing new products.
- Gamified Spin a Wheel Popup – Create coupon wheel optins to increase WooCommerce conversions (with gamification). This adds an interactive spin a wheel popup that’s proven to increase sales and lead generation.
- Inline Signup Forms – Unlike a popup, inline newsletter signup forms can be embedded inside your blog posts / page content. You can also use it to add an email opt-in form or custom call-to-action button (CTA) after your blog posts.
- Sidebar Subscribe Forms – Unlike a popup, sidebar opt-in form lets you add an email newsletter signup form in your blog’s sidebar to get more subscribers.
- Content Locker Popups – Content locker popup turns any popular blog post into gated content, so you can get more email subscribers and boost marketing conversions.
- Countdown Timer Popup – Boost urgency and scarcity for limited time offers with countdown timer popups (great for sales promotion, live events, webinars, and product launches). You can even create evergreen countdown timer popups to increase sales conversion.
- Yes / No Popups – Allows you to create multi-step popup and opt-in forms that results in better list segmentation and higher marketing conversions. Great for affiliate popups and showing different lead magnets.
- Mobile Popups – Unlike other popup plugins, OptinMonster also lets you create mobile-specific popups that are only shown to users on smart phones and tablets. Great for mobile app download popup or simply boosting marketing conversions for mobile users.
- Canvas Custom Popup – Our blank canvas popup template allows you to create completely custom popup using our drag & drop popup builder for any use-case. Examples include: video popup, quiz popup, contest giveaway popup, social share popup, related post popup, related product popup, donations popup, and more.
Popup Targeting and Personalization features:
- Popup Page Level Targeting – Allows you to customize popups based on specific pages, category sections, and URL query / anchor tags.
- Referrer Detection for Popups – Show custom marketing popups based on where the user is coming from (google, facebook, twitter, etc).
- Geolocation Targeting for Popups – Personalize and translate popups based on visitors’ physical location (geolocation).
- OnSite Retargeting® for Popups – Show different marketing popups to new vs returning visitors.
- OnSite Follow Up Campaigns® for Popups – Create popup drip campaigns based on visitors’ past behavior.
- Device Based Targeting – Create custom popups for desktop, tablet, and mobile users.
- Popup Cookie Retargeting – Customize popup experience based on browser cookies.
- AdBlock Detection Popup – Recover adblock revenue with targeted popups only shown to users with adblock enabled.
- Smart Tags for Popups – Personalize your marketing popups with users’ location, name, email, and add other dynamic content with popup smart tags.
- Smart Success for Popups – Our popups subscriber recognition lets you show new sales popup offer to those who have already opted-in.
- Popup Behavior Automation – Customize popups based on # of pages viewed by users, how they interacted with other marketing popups, and more with real-time popup behavior automation.
- WooCommerce Popup – Create custom WooCommerce popups based on what the user has in their cart, their order value, etc.
Using OptinMonster we got a 300% improvement on our email conversion rates which translated into significant revenue. We have tried many similar lead generation plugins and nothing can compete with OptinMonster.
Ian Cleary, Founder RazorSocial (See Case Study)
Popup Triggers and Behavior Detection:
Simply put, OptinMonster is my absolute favorite tool for digital marketers. Exit intent is genius and OptinMonster has helped us DOUBLE our clickthrough rates when we switched from their competitors (who were 5-10x more expensive!).
Justin Atlan, Co-Founder Clickbank (See Case Study)
Other Powerful Popup Features:
Within 1 month of setting up OptinMonster, our conversion rate of visitors to email subscribers shot up from 2.1% to 6.5% – I just wish we had signed up sooner!
Ben Philbaum, Founder Biddyco (See Case Study)
Email Marketing and CRM Integrations
- Constant Contact Forms – Create Constant Contact popups and newsletter sign up forms.
- Mailchimp Forms – Easily create MailChimp popup and email opt-in forms.
- AWeber Popup Forms– Make AWeber popups and email marketing forms.
- Infusionsoft (Keap) – Create advanced Infusionsoft popups and lead generation forms.
- ActiveCampaign Popup Forms – Create ActiveCampaign popup and newsletter signup form.
- ConvertKit Popups – Easily build ConvertKit popups and email signup forms.
- Sendinblue Opt-in Popup – Create Sendinblue popups and email subscription forms.
- GetResponse Pop-ups – Make GetResponse forms and popups with just a few clicks.
- Campaign Monitor Forms – Embed a Campaign Monitor popup and email marketing signup form.
- CM Commerce (formerly Conversio) – Easily create exit intent popup for CM Commerce / Conversio.
- Drip Popups – Create smart marketing automation popup forms for Drip CRM and email marketing service.
- Eloqua Forms – Create dynamic popup and lead generation forms for Eloqua CRM.
- Emma Popups – Create exit popups and inline forms for Emma newsletter service.
- HubSpot Forms – Create personalized popups forms to improve lead generation with HubSpot CRM.
- iContact Popup – Create smart opt-in forms and popups for iContact marketing.
- Jilt Pop-up Form – Grow your WooCommere email list with smart Jilt popup and email marketing forms.
- Klaviyo Popups – Build smart eCommerce popups and flyout modals for Klaviyo to increase sales conversion.
- MadMimi Signup Forms – Create custom popups for Madmimi and get more email subscribers.
- MailerLite Popups – Easily create newlsetter subscribe popup for Mailerlite and grow your email list.
- MailPoet Popup Form – Use our popup maker to build smart MailPoet pop-up forms within minutes.
- Marketo Lead Capture Forms – Create exit popups and floating bars for Marketo to improve your lead generation / conversions.
- Ontraport Lightbox Popup – Convert more leads with Ontraport CRM popups by OptinMonster.
- Pardot (by Salesforce) – Build custom popups for Pardot to capture more leads and improve conversions.
- Sendloop Forms – Smart popup and floating bars for Sendloop email marketing.
- SendPulse Subscription Popup – Create subscription forms and popups for SendPulse to boost your marketing conversions.
- SharpSpring Forms – Improve your marketing automation with powerful popups for SharpSpring.
- TotalSend WordPress Popup – Reduce bounce rate and generate more leads with TotalSend popups for WordPress.
- Bronto (Oracle) – Create email popups for Bronto (Oracle) to improve lead generation and conversions.
- iPost Popups – Grow your email list faster with iPost popups and newlsetter forms.
- Customer.io – Easily create smart popups and opt-in forms for customer.io.
- EmailOctopus Subsription Popup – Add EmailOctopus popup subscription forms to WordPress.
- FeedBlitz Popup – Create smart email subscription popup and shopping cart popup for FeedBlitz.
- FeedBurner Email Subscriptoin Form – Easily create Feedburner popups for WordPress.
- Custom HTML Forms Integration – lets you embed any opt-in form inside OptinMonster’s smart popup modals.
- Webhooks – connect your popup with any custom CRM, email marketing service, or third-party application.
- Zapier – connect your WordPress popups with over 2000+ marketing apps. Route your popup form data to your favorite CRM, email marketing, etc.
Additional Marketing Integrations
- WooCommerce Popups – Add upsell popups, cross sell popup, free shipping bar, announcement bar, wheel optin, and other WooCommerce popups.
- BigCommerce Popups – Coupon popups, gamified spin a wheel popup opt-in forms, exit popups, and more eCommerce popups to reduce cart abandonment and increase conversions.
- ManyChat Popups – Create personalized popups for ManyChat to increase your chatbot subscribers on Facebook.
- Shopify Popups – Exit intent popup, cart abandonment popup, upsell popup, free shipping bar, discount wheel popups, and more customized popups for Shopify stores.
- Magento Popups – Exit popups, cart abandonment popup, upsell popup, welcome mat popup, sticky hello bar, and more customized popups for Magento stores.
- WPForms Popup – Create contact form popups, survey form popups, poll popups, or basically embed any WPForms form inside lightbox popup modals.
- Gravity Forms Popup – Create payment form popup, contact form popup, user registration popup, login form popup, and other Gravity Forms popup with just few clicks.
- Contact Form 7 Popup – Easily create contact form 7 popups with OptinMonster.
- Ninja Form Popup – Easily create contact form popups for Ninja Forms with OptinMonster.
After reading this feature list, you can probably imagine why OptinMonster is the best WordPress popup form plugin in the market.
Give OptinMonster a try.
This WordPress popup plugin is created by Thomas Griffin and Syed Balkhi.
OptinMonster® is a registered trademark of Retyp LLC. When writing about the popup plugin by OptinMonster, please make sure to uppercase the letter O and M.
- OptinMonster (correct)
- Optin Monster (incorrect)
- optinmonster (incorrect)
- optin monster (incorrect)
Exit-Intent®, OnSite Retargeting®, and OnSite Follow Up Campaigns® are also registered trademarks of Retyp LLC.
See our Press & Brand Assets page for more details.
If you like this popup plugin, then consider checking out our other projects:
- WPForms – Best WordPress form plugin (trusted by over 3 million users).
- MonsterInsights – See the Stats that Matter and Grow Your Business with Confidence. Best Google Analytics Plugin for WordPress.
- SeedProd – Jumpstart your website with the #1 Coming Soon & Maintenance Mode Plugin for WordPress.
- WP Mail SMTP – Improve email deliverability for your contact form and online store with the most popular SMTP plugin for WordPress.
- RafflePress – Best WordPress giveaway and contest plugin.
To get the most value out of your growing email list, see our beginner’s guide to email marketing.
Visit WPBeginner to learn from our WordPress Tutorials and find out about other best WordPress plugins.
OptinMonster is hands down the best WordPress popup plugin on the market. No other WordPress popup plugin, opt-in form plugin, or lead generation solution even comes close to OptinMonster and the features it offers.
We took the pain out of creating powerful popups and made it easy.
Also I’m the founder of several popular online businesses, so it was a huge priority for me to make a WordPress popup plugin that can help us grow our subscribers & sales.
I feel that we have done that. I hope you enjoy using OptinMonster.
- Install Popups by OptinMonster either via the WordPress.org plugin repository or by uploading the files to your server.
- Activate OptinMonster Popups plugin.
- Navigate to the OptinMonster tab in your WordPress admin and connect your OptinMonster account to your WordPress site to start displaying popups /email opt-in forms.
- Click on the Campaigns tab to configure output settings for each popup or email optin campaign you have created in OptinMonster app.
- Want more popup features? Upgrade to OptinMonster Pro or Growth plan.
Who should use OptinMonster Popups?
OptinMonster popups are perfect for business owners, bloggers, eCommerce sites, designers, developers, marketing agencies, and basically everyone else.
If you want to create a custom WordPress popup, then you need to use OptinMonster drag & drop popup form builder.
Popular OptinMonster use-cases include: growing your email list, improve lead generation, increase sales conversion, reduce cart abandonment, show targeted offers, and get more pageviews.
Do I need to have coding skills to use OptinMonster popups?
Absolutely not. You can create and manage popups without any coding knowledge (100% drag and drop popup maker). OptinMonster is the most user friendly popup plugin in the market.
What type of WordPress popups can I build with OptinMonster?
OptinMonster is the most powerful popup builder in the market. Here are just some types of popup you can create:
- Email Opt-in Popup
- Exit Popup
- Announcement Popup
- Spin a Wheel Popup
- Slide-in Popup
- Fullscreen Popup (aka Welcome Mats)
- Video Popup
- Contact Form Popup
- Quiz Popup
- Disclaimer Popup
- WooCommerce Popup
- Upsell Popup
- Cross Sell Popup
- Coupon Popup
- Sales Popup
- Custom lightbox popup
- Survey Popup
- Newsletter Popup
- Popup on Click of Button or Image
- Facebook popup
- YouTube popup
- Login Popup
- Registration Popup
- Lead Generation Popup
… and a whole lot more. Basically, you can use our drag & drop popup builder to create any type of custom popup that you need.
Can I integrate OptinMonster popups with my CRM or Email Marketing Service?
Yes, OptinMonster popups offer seamless integration with over 2000+ popular email marketing and CRM software.
You can easily send data from your popup form to your favorite CRM, email newsletter, and other marketing platforms.
Here is a list of our popular marketing integrations:
- MailChimp popup forms
- AWeber popup forms
- Constant Contact popup forms
- ActiveCampagin popup forms
- ConvertKit popup forms
- HubSpot popup forms
- Campaign Monitor popup forms
- GetResponse popup forms
- SendinBlue popup forms
- Infusionsoft (Keap) popup forms
- Salesforce Pardot popup forms
- Drip popup forms
- Marketo popup forms
- MailerLite popup forms
- Klaviyo popup forms
- Eloqua (oracle) popup forms
- ManyChat messenger popup
and dozens of other email marketing integrations.
OptinMonster popups also offer custom HTML form popups, webhooks and Zapier integration, so you can easily connect your popups with over 2000+ marketing apps including:
- Google Sheets
- Zoho CRM
- SMS (Twilio)
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Office365
See all OptinMonster Popup integrations with Zapier.
Can I use OptinMonster to make WooCommerce popups?
Yes, you can easily create custom WooCommerce popups using OptinMonster popup maker.
Here are unique WooCommerce popups that you can create:
- WooCommerce discount popup
- WooCommerce spin a wheel coupon popup
- WooCommerce exit popup
- WooCommerce product popup
- WooCommerce upsell popups
- WooCommerce cross-sell popup
- WooCommerce cart abandonment popup
- WooCommerce sales popup
- WooCommerce free shipping popup
- WooCommerce countdown timer popup
… and many more.
The best part is that OptinMonster popup targeting feature lets you customize your popups based on specific WooCommerce triggers like: what items they have in cart, total shopping cart value, user’s geolocation, and more.
Which design elements / form fields can I add in OptinMonster popups?
We made OptinMonster popup builder to be both easy and powerful.
Here are the popup fields that comes with the OptinMonster popup builder:
- Optin Form fields – great for newsletter popups
- Image field – great for adding images in popup
- Video field – great for creating video popups
- Button Field – great for adding call-to-action in popups
- Countdown Timer field – great for holiday sales popups
- Coupon Wheel field – great for spin to win coupon popups
- Chatbot field – great for creating messenger bot popups
- Yes / No field – great for creating multi-step popups
- Text field – easily add / customize text and headlines in popups
- HTML field – add any custom HTML or shortcode in popup
- Icon field – add custom FontAwesome icons inside popups
- Spacer field – add spacing in between popup elements
- Divider field – add divider styles in popups
- Columns field – create multi-column popup layouts
- Google ReCAPTCHA field – reduce popup form spam with Google ReCAPTCHA
- GDPR privacy checkbox – make your popup GDPR compliant
Using the HTML field, you can add tons of custom popup elements through iFrame embeds or WordPress shortcode. Here are some examples:
- Quiz popups
- Contact form popups
- Survey popups
- Popular post popups
- Related post popups
- WooCommerce product popups
- Payment form popups
- Webinar registration popup
- Image gallery popup
- Banner ad popup
- Live chat popup
- GDPR popup
- Terms and Conditions popup
- WordPress login form popup
- WordPress user registration popup
- Click to call popup
- Announcement notification popup
- Push notification popup
… and a whole lot more. Basically if another WordPress plugin or third-party apps provide a shortcode or iFrame, then you can embed that inside OptinMonster popups.
Do popups really work? Show me the results
Yes, popups are popular because they are proven to increase subscribers and sales.
Here are just a few popup success stories from OptinMonster customers:
Before using OptinMonster, our website conversion rate was 2-3%, as expected. Since using OptinMonster, we have been able to improve conversion rates to 5.75%, a 189% increase.
Adam Rowles (See Case Study)
OptinMonster played a critical role in increasing my email optin conversion rate by 469%. In real numbers, that is the difference between $7,765 and $47,748 per month in revenue.
Exit-intent popups have doubled my email opt-in rate. When done right, you can see an instant 10% lift on driving sales. I highly recommend that you use OptinMonster for growing your email list and sales.
Click here to see more popup case studies.