The Facebook Chat Plugin is a free and easy to use tool to connect with customers on your website. With one click, you can add the plugin to your website, enabling customers to message you while browsing your website. Chats started on your website can be continued in the customers’ Messenger app, so you never lose connections with your customers. Even those without a Facebook Messenger account can chat with you in guest mode, so you can reach more customers than ever.
“Having an open line of communication with our customers gives them a sense of confidence from the browsing stage to final checkout,” said Ryan Pamplin, CEO of BlendJet. “We noticed that customers who engage with us are three to four times more likely to checkout. With the Chat Plugin allowing us to reach more customers, we’ve tripled our sales since offering it as a customer engagement channel.”
Key features of the Chat Plugin:
Requires WordPress Version: 3.9 or higher
Requires PHP Version: 5.2.4 or higher
In order to use the Chat Plugin, you will need to have a published Facebook Page. You can find a list of your Facebook Pages by following this link. If you do not have a Facebook Page, you can create one for free here.
Once you have your Facebook Page ready, you will be asked to login to Facebook on the computer or device you are using to install the plugin. You can then follow the directions below.
To install the Chat Plugin:
1. Log in to your WordPress dashboard, navigate to the Plugins menu and click Add New.
2. In the search field, type ‘Facebook Chat Plugin’ and click ‘Search Plugins’. Select the plugin authored by ‘Facebook’. You can install it by simply clicking ‘Install Now’.
Following the Facebook platform and versioning, all versions will be supported for 2 years from launch. Updating should be safe and easy.
After navigating to the Chat Plugin settings page, click on ‘Setup Customer Chat.’ A new window will appear for setting up the plugin and you will be asked to select the Facebook Page you want to use. Next, you will go through the plugin setup with the following steps:
1. You will be asked to select the language and you can customize the greeting message. The default greeting is “Hi! How can we help you?”
2. The next screen allows you to select your response time and chat color. By setting the response time, you can set expectations with your customers on when they will receive a response
3. Next, click on ‘Finish’ to save these settings and click ‘Done’ to close this window. The Messenger customer chat plugin should now be installed.
4. You can rerun the setup by clicking ‘Edit Customer Chat’. To remove the plugin, you can diactivate the plugin/uninstall it.
That’s it! You’re all set. Now all visitors to your WordPress website will see the Messenger customer chat plugin and can message you.
If you get stuck, or have any questions, you can ask for help in the Messenger Platform Developer Community.
You will need to have a published Facebook Page and be logged into Facebook on your computer or device.
On the desktop, you can see all messages in your Page Inbox. Navigate to your Facebook Page on Facebook and click on ‘Inbox’ at the top. On mobile, you can download the Facebook Pages Manager app and navigate to Inbox. You can also link your Page account to your Messenger app and access all your messages there.
You need be an administrator of the Page.
On the desktop, go to your Facebook page, and click on Insights on the Navigation bar. On the left hand side, click on Messaging to see your messaging analytics.
The Official Facebook Chat PluginView Cart
This plugin inserts social share links at the top or bottom of each post.
Search & Replace data in your database with WordPress admin, replace do...
WooCommerce AJAX Product Filters - Advanced product filtering ability for y...
Flexible button creator allowing you to stick floating buttons to the side ...